• Great British Tennis Weekend will see courts across Warrington serve up free tennis for families and friends this summer
• The second Great British Tennis Weekend of 2017 takes place this weekend (22nd & 23rd July) with parks and clubs offering free events right across Warrington
Families and friends across Warrington can serve up free tennis this summer with ‘Great British Tennis Weekend’ smashing into town. The second event of the summer is taking place this Saturday and Sunday (22nd & 23rd July). Parks and clubs will be offering everyone the opportunity to get on court as Wimbledon fever grips the nation.
People right across Warrington will be trying tennis for free in a relaxed and fun environment and can take part in sessions including Cardio Tennis, Highland Spring Mini Tennis and tennis coaching – all completely free as part of the LTA and Tennis Foundation’s drive to get more people playing more often. Venues will be providing rackets and balls, so if you’ve never picked up a racket or just haven’t played for a while Great British Tennis Weekend is the perfect way to get involved.
Participating venues offering free tennis this weekend in Warrington include:
• David Lloyd Warrington
• Birchwood Leisure & Tennis Complex
• Great Sankey Leisure Centre
• Winstanley Tennis Club
Nicki Harrison, LTA Participation Manager for Warrington said: “We are really excited that the Great British Tennis Weekend is hitting Warrington this summer. With so many park sites and clubs right across Warrington running their own Great British Tennis Weekend there really is something for everyone. I hope families take the opportunity to take part in these fantastic events and make their mark on court this summer. We provide the courts, the balls, the racquets and the coaches so there’s no reason not to get involved”.
Try tennis this weekend at a venue near you. Reserve your free place at www.lta.org.uk/gbtw.
- Ends –
For more information please contact:
Laurie Haines: email@example.com 0208 487 7040
• The Lawn Tennis Association’s (LTA) mission is to get more people playing tennis more often, and its role is to develop, promote and govern tennis in Britain.
• The Great British Tennis Weekends are the UK’s biggest ever public tennis event. The LTA in partnership with tennis venues throughout Great Britain are running a campaign this summer to help as many people as possible play tennis for free. The two weekends are:
• The events are for all ages and abilities and offer an ideal day out with the family. Equipment will be provided if you don't have your own. Many venues will have additional special offers in place if people enjoy the experience and want to carry on playing.
• Anyone can find and book for free via the website: www.lta.org.uk/gbtw.
• Aegon is Lead Partner of British Tennis and is helping to transform the sport in this country. For further information visit www.aegontennis.co.uk
• The County Sports Partnerships (CSPs) are working with the LTA to promote the campaign. CSPs have a national reach with local impact and are committed to increasing local participation in sport and physical activity. For more information: www.cspnetwork.org
• For more information on the LTA and British tennis, visit: www.lta.org.uk
• The Tennis Foundation is Great Britain’s leading tennis charity with a vision to make tennis inclusive and accessible to all. For more information, visit: www.tennisfoundation.org.uk