The art college graduate turned to playing live on stage after a stint on the dole and working on building sites. He developed a side line as Mik Artistik, roaming Leeds city centre offering to draw pen portraits of punters on paper bags. After being invited on stage in a local pub when he heckled a band, the audience loved him and Mik took his strange, singular stand-up act around the country. The show turned into the Mik Artistik’s Ego Trip becoming a festival favourite and popping up in such diverse settings as the London Fashion Show, supporting Chas and Dave, The Vortex Jazz Club and Batley Rugby Club.
2018 Tour Dates and to Purchase Tickets go to http://mikartistik.com/live/
• 2 November, Pyramid and Parr Hall Warrington
• 3 November Cheese and Grain, Frome, Somerset
• 9 November, Mothers Ruin, Bristol
• 16 November, 24 Kitchen Street, Liverpool
• 17 November The Cumberland Arms, Newcastle
• 01 December, Le Pub Newport
• 07 December, The Green Jersey, Clitheroe
• 08 December, Glad Café, Glasgow
• 14 December, Shakespeare’s Sheffield
• 15 December, Gulliver’s, Manchester
• 22 December, Brudenell Social Club Leeds
Listen to Mik Artistik’s Ego Trip tracks, including their latest album Sound and new single Hospitent:
Guardian Review https://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign/2018/oct/14/martin-parr-on-my-radar-cultural-highlights.