• MedEquip4Kids proudly funds Readybed Sleeper Chairs for Royal Preston Hospital Ward 8
• Official presentation was made on 5th June 2017
• This was enabled with generous support from The Morrison’s Foundation, Sir Jules Thorn Trust, Vinci Construction, The Duchy Of Lancaster Benevolent Fund, and Springfields Employees Medical Research and Charity Trust Fund.
Royal Preston Hospital receives 6 Ready bed Sleeper Chairs for Ward 8.
This was made possible by MedEquip4Kids, a Manchester-based charity specialising in fundraising for medical equipment and resources in children’s health. They raised the money for the much-needed chair beds with generous support from The Morrison’s Foundation, Sir Jules Thorn Trust, Vinci Construction, The Duchy Of Lancaster Benevolent Fund, and Springfields Employees Medical Research and Charity Trust Fund.
Royal Preston Hospital provides care for children from a wide catchment area across Lancashire. Ward 8 Children’s Ward is funded for 30 beds but they are escalated to above 35 patients on a regular basis due to demand. This has created a shortage of available parent beds so they asked MedEquip4kids to supply some Readybed Sleeper Chairs. It is beneficial for children to have 24 hour parental support during their stay in hospital as it reduces the stress upon them leading to quicker recovery and discharge.
Claire Beattie ward manager says: “The impact for us on ward 8 is a positive one and they are essential pieces of equipment that really enhance the children’s experience in hospital. Parents stay with their children 24 hours a day and so it is important we have this facility to enable them to sleep by the Child’s bedside. We would struggle without them . Thank you MedEquip4Kids”.
Ben Singleton from Morrisons said: "It's a privilege to be able to come along and see the difference that Morrisons and MedEquip4Kids have made to the children and parents at Preston Royal Hospital"
Sarah Suthers, Community Fundraiser at MedEquip4Kids, says: ‘We’d like to say a very special thank you to The Morrison’s Foundation, Sir Jules Thorn Trust, Vinci Construction, The Duchy Of Lancaster Benevolent Fund, and Springfields Employees Medical Research and Charity Trust Fund for their amazing support. Children and babies deserve the best healthcare and it’s crucial that all the right equipment and support are on hand to give them the best possible chance of a healthy future.”
This donation is the latest in a long list of charitable support that MedEquip4Kids have made to Royal Preston Hospital.
If you want to support MedEquip4kids and the great work they do please click on www.medequip4kids.org.uk or call 0161 798 1600.
The organisation was set up in 1985 by a couple, after their daughter became seriously ill with meningitis and was treated at Booth Hall Children’s Hospital in Manchester, where she made a full recovery.
At the time, the hospital was unable to afford some vital items of equipment, so to show their gratitude to the hospital that saved their daughter’s life, the couple began fundraising for the equipment. Since then, MedEquip4Kids has raised over £20 million to care for around 113,000 children a year at hospitals across Greater Manchester, Merseyside, Cumbria, Lancashire, Yorkshire and beyond.
- Ends –
NOTES TO EDITORS:
1. MedEquip4Kids exists to improve healthcare for children and babies across the north of England by providing specialist paediatric equipment for hospitals and community health teams.
2. MedEquip4Kids was founded in 1985 and, to date, has raised more than £20 million.
3. To contact the charity, call 0161 798 1600 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
4. More information on individual projects at hospitals across the region are available via our website: www.medequip4kids.org.uk